Cameroonian groundnut soup is a soup thickened with roasted blend groundnuts. It is very popular in Africa and taste very delicious.
It is often eaten with dishes like boiled rice , boiled yam. You can prepare this soup with meat , chicken, or fish or stockfish.
Many of my western friends have enjoyed this dish thanks to me. It’s a great soup for those who want to try something different even now and then.
Roasted groundnuts gives rhis soup a unique taste , color and flavour. I love it when mine looks golden brown.
I once tasted a groundnut soup cooked with smoked fish and smoked meat. Honestly, nothing ever thrilled my taste buds like that. I went for the 3th round.
Author: Annuchka Queen
Prep time : 15 mins
Cook time : 45 mins
Click to this lonk and watch full recipe of groundnut soup
- 1 large finely diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoin salt
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablesppon ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon diced parsley
- 3 blended fresh tomatoes
- A cup of groundnut paste peanut butter paste ( canned) or roasted blended peanuts
- 1 blended capsicum
- 1 teaspoon white pepper.
- 1/2 cup blended crayfish
- Some hot pepper (optional)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Marinate your chicken overnight or instantly and deep fry, then set aside.
- In a semi hot pot , add oil and when heated add some diced onion and fry.
- Fry your blended tomatoes and capsicum until abit dry.
- Mix groundnut paste and a cup of water and pour into the pot.
- Marina te with ginger, garlic , parsley, white pepper, salt and bouillon cubes.
- Allow to simmer for 7 to 10 mins open and stir thoroughly
- Garnish with some crayfish
- Add fried chocken and half cup of water and allow to cook for 5 more mins.
- When you find some oil from groundnut at the top of your groundnut soup then you should know that it is ready.
- Serve with boiled rice, yam, and boiled sweet potatoes .