We prwpare cabbage is different ways in Cameroon. Cabbage is one of the world’s healthiest food. Many people think cabbage can be best use only in preparing vegetable salad, but this is not true.
Many people have complained how complicated it is to cook cabbage, but from my different cabbage recipes you will discover how easy the cooking process is.
Cabbage offers fiber and vitamins, with absolutely no fat or cholesterol. Some people even use boiled cabbage water for weight lose.
Author: Annuchka Queen
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total Time: 1 h 5 mins.
- 1 cabbage
- A handful of washed bitter leaf or any green vegetable like spinach, kale etc
- 2 cups egusi ( melon seeds)
- 1 kg of meat
- 1 ginger stem
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 large onions
- 3 stock cubes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 6 fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 4 cups of water
- Place diced well washed meat in a pot add 2 table spoons vegetable oil, 2 cups of water and marinate with salt, pepper, ginger and garlic. Cover to simmer for 45 mins. Check every 10 mins to add more water if dry.
- Soak diced cabbage into hot water for 5 mins. Remove and drain water from cabbage or sieve and drain.
- In another pot fry diced onion until translucent, add diced tomato and fry thoroughly.
- Add egusi and meat stock into fried tomato sauce. Stir thoroughly to combine all ingredients together.
- Add well drained cabbage and green vegetable ( bitter leaf ) into the soup and stir.