The bible tells us that we should give love before we can receive love. I give love in every food I touch.
This beautiful creamy cheesy Macaroni is topped with bread crumbs and with mozzarella cheese. It is not only easy to prepare , it taste amazing. Its absolutely delicious. My kids complimented me on it several times whilst eating. I used Parmesan , cheddar and mozzarella on the topping.
I will say it’s one of the fantastic dinners l have ever made. It took me just 10 mins to put things together and turned up with a fantastic dinner.
You can accompany this dish with any salad of your choice. You never get tired of repeating this recipe again and again.
Author: Annuchka Queen
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time : 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Type : western Cuisine.
- 600 g of macaroni pasta
- 1 1/2 cups of liquid milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp of plain flour
- 2 cup of grated cheese
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp bouillon powder or 2 Maggi cube
- Preheat oven at 180 C
- In a medium size pot boil water and place macaroni into the water and stir . Make sure you cook Macaroni according to the direction in the package.
- Drain with and keep aside.
- In a small pot, melt a tablespoon of butter and add a tablespoon of plain flour and combine together, then add half cup of milk and stir make sure you have a non lumpy mixture before you incorporate the rest of the flour and milk into your mixture. You will achieve a smooth semi thick paste called the bechemer sauce
- Incorporate a cup of grated cheese into your sauce whisk until smooth and add a pinch of salt and bouillon cube to give it some taste.
- Pour cheese sauce into your cooked pasta and mix thoroughly to incorporate cheese and pasta.
- Grease your baking dish with butter, pour into your dish your macaroni.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs which is optional on top of your dish sprinkle a cup of Parmesan grated cheese
- Bake for 20 – 25 mins until you have a golden brown and crunchy top.
- Remove from oven and keep to cool down for 10 mins before serving .